Strategies to support beginning readers
Recent research has proved that reading as a stand-alone activity will not help children with pre-literacy skills, be guided in the ways you can best support your child at home.
Sprout Tutoring offers support for parents too! Quality time spent with one of our qualified teachers will be invaluable to parents wanting to further support their child’s reading or spelling at home. Parents of young children will benefit in being given specific strategies to ensure they are setting their child up for success as they begin the journey of their literacy development.
Be supported in a 30 minute workshop and be guided in the most effective ways to:
- Engage your child in reading
- Provide your child with the tools they need to be literacy learners
- Guide your child on how to read unknown words in texts
- Share with your child how words are spelled (NOT LOOK-COVER- GUESS).
- Develop fluency, phrasing and comprehension in your child’s reading
- Use the appropriate praise and encouragement at the right times